Wearable Tech World From the Expert Archive
Did Apple Board Member Bill Campbell Hint at an Apple Smart Watch Recently?
Over the last few weeks we've been gearing up to take a dive into what Apple might deliver in the future in terms of wearable technology. Sure, the mythical iWatch may perhaps become less mythical, but our interest is in the larger theme of wearable … - 04/29/2013
Google Glass Apps Start to Appear: What's Next, Sports?
The Internet was abuzz with the news that The New York Times (NYT) already is out with an app for Google Glass. Downloadable now, the app will allow those lucky few who are the first to get a pair of the augmented reality glasses the ability to not o… - 04/29/2013
Google Glass Mirror API Released for Developers, Hardware Specs Also Released
It seems sometimes that things are perhaps too much Google Glass, perhaps too much all the time. We admit this may be the case, but then, a lot of folks - especially developers - are interested these days, so we do sometimes get into a Google Glass l… - 04/16/2013
The Inner Workings of Google Glass in Print and Pictures
The Google Glass project has certainly been an interesting adventure to date. For some folks, what the system does isn't particularly special - we've seen a variety of different technologies deliver on various pieces of it.
For others, the hardwar… - 04/11/2013
VEA Buddy - A Smart Watch That is Almost Already Real
Amidst all the talk these days of Google, Apple and Samsung - let's call them the "big three" - fighting it out for the seemingly new category of "smart watches" and with all of the fighting taking place solely in the minds and sensationalistic headl… - 03/27/2013
UCLA Researchers Deliver Truly Bendable Super Lightweight Batteries
Many of us are by now familiar with the idea of bendable smartphone displays. Samsung and Nokia are both on the leading edge of developing such displays, and in their own right, they are certainly at the cutting edge. One thing you always notice abou… - 03/18/2013
Oculus Rift: The Death of Reality
Oculus Rift is a new head mounted 3D headset which was presented at South by Southwest and provided one of the most realistic affordable experiences in gaming. Call it a better machine eye interface, far closer to tapping into the optical nerve than … - 03/12/2013
Bionics: Wearable Tech Encounters of the Third Kind
Thanks to the efforts of major companies such as Nike and numerous startups, a groundswell of health- , fitness- and wellness-oriented consumer wearable technology and real wearable products has recently emerged.
In addition to health and fitness… - 03/08/2013
The iWatch: Cool Idea But Will You Want One?
The rumored iWatch from Apple sounds to me like it could be a cool idea. Having the critical parts of your smartphone available on your wrist could be handy if you are exercising, driving, or even eating (assuming you don't dump your drink on your la… - 03/05/2013
Wearable Computing Devices Will Exceed 485 Million in Annual Shipments by 2018
If it wasn't already clear to you, the wearable technology marketplace is nearing that magical tipping point where a market moves from hype and/or novelty to mainstream reality. Wearable technology may in fact have already crossed the tipping point a… - 02/21/2013
Are You Excited? I Can See - Literally
The Netherlands has officially stepped up in the wearable technology space. It's one thing to make garments interactive with technology and social media, but it's another thing entirely to create clothing that can physically read and transmit your em… - 02/06/2013
Zenneck Waves Keep Wearable Tech Wireless Communications 'Close to the Vest'
Typically, when people talk of wearable technology today, they tend to refer to a single device that a user might wear - a watch, or a monitor/sensor of some sort, usually something that is bulky enough to sport a transmitting radio of some kind - "t… - 02/05/2013
Wearable Technology - The Next Mobility Market is Booming!
The wearable technology market is still in the early stage of evolution, but it has demonstrated significant growth and adoption in various end user market segments, in particular fitness, wellness, healthcare generally and medical monitoring more sp… - 01/22/2013
Wearable Tech World Media Sponsor
Wearable Tech World Conference
Wearable Tech World Conference
Learn it all at Wearable Tech Conference & Expo
Interweaving technology into the everyday life
- Put Wearable Tech to Use Through Hands-on Product Demos
- Meet today's Key Wearables Market Players
- Hear About the Top Wearables Products, from Healthcare to Gaming
- Discover What's Already Possible Today and What's Coming Tomorrow
- Learn about Smart Materials, Conductive Pigments and Soft Circuits
- See the Latest in Enterprise "Hands-Off" Field Computing
- Get the Real Handle on Augmented Reality
- Make the Critical Business Connections to Drive Your Product to Market
- Uncover your Next Wearable Tech Investment
Who Should Attend
- Anyone working across the wide range of Wearable Technology market segments needs to attend Wearable Tech Expo
- CEOs and key decision makers from all companies large and small developing Wearable Tech products and solutions
- Application developers - whether focused on gaming, pure augmented reality or other wireless- and mobile-connected Wearable Tech solutions
- Enterprise decision makers that are either ready to evaluate and deploy field service Wearable Tech
- Enterprise decision makers seeking to gain a clear understanding of enterprise-grade Wearable Tech capabilities
- VCs, angel investors and investment bankers looking for deep insight into the next new mobile-related technology
- All connected device manufacturers - M2M technology will play a key role in Augmented Wearable Tech
- Tech-oriented toy manufacturers
- Fashion industry executives seeking a strong understanding of Wearable Tech capabilities
- WebRTC-focused developers seeking additional channels for application development